Welcome to Frenship Middle School!!
Our school day is 8:15 a.m – 3:35 p.m.
FMS will be a fun and exciting place and we want this school year to be a great experience for you and your student. Knowing these basics will help all of us have a successful year.
WEDNESDAY HANDOUTS: Each Wednesday, handouts will be sent home with your student. Important communication from our school about upcoming events is included. Please ask your student for these handouts each Wednesday.
From the Attendance Office:
- When your student will be absent, please notify the attendance office before 10:00 a.m. (866-4464).
- If your student will be absent 2 or more days, you may request make up work when you call.
- Please remember to return doctor, dental, orthodontist, and eye doctor notes to the attendance office within 3 days to ensure proper credit on attendance accounting for your student.
- For the safety and security of our students, please follow these instructions to enter our school: have your PHOTO ID out and ready to scan, PRESS and RELEASE the WHITE button to talk, please state your name, your student’s name and the reason for visiting FMS.
- Parents and guests then must sign in through our Raptor system by scanning their driver’s license in the offices when entering the building. You will need to surrender your ID/car keys to be kept in the office until check out. This allows us to know exactly who is in the building at all times. You will be given an ID sticker while in the building. You will check out by returning your ID sticker and collecting your ID/keys before leaving.
- We will keep all exterior building doors locked during school hours with only four exceptions (see diagram on reverse).
- FMS Main Entrance Doors (by the flag poles) – Open from 6:45 - 8:15 am
- Bus Entrance door (by bus lane) – Open from 7:00 – 8:15 am
- Mr. Reese’s Office/Entrance – Open from 7:45 am – 3:55 pm
- Mrs. Savage’s Office/Entrance – Open from 7:45 am- 3:55 pm
- Any students arriving after 8:15 am must check in at their grade level office to receive a pass to class.
- Students leaving school before 3:35 pm must check in the office and sign out with a person listed on their enrollment card.
- Students are required to stay in the classroom until a parent is in the building, at which time they are paged to the office to meet the parent or guardian. To preserve instructional time, please allow an adequate amount of time to get the student from class.
- Anyone not on the enrollment card who is planning to pick up a student will need a note from the parent or legal guardian giving permission to release their student.
- Please respect instructional time by keeping phone-in messages to a minimum. Each time a message is given to a student, teaching time is interrupted.
- Contact information and conference times for your student’s teachers can be found on the school website or you may call the school (866-4464) to leave a message.
- The safety of our students is our first priority.
- Frenship Middle School actively supervises students beginning at 7:55 am each school day, in the cafeteria. In the afternoon, FMS holds an afterschool study hall to help ensure our students’ safety after school dismisses. Students being picked up after school will be allowed to wait at the front of our building until 3:55 pm. At this time, FMS staff members will direct the remaining students to study hall in the building. Parents, guardians and other authorized adults must pick up students by the flag poles after 3:55 pm.
- FMS Student Supervision Before and After School: Student Safety